Welcome

Hey everyone. This is my blog from Benin, Africa. I'll try to write as much about my experience as I can. Hope you all enjoy and feel free to write me as well.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Life in Porto Novo Coninued

So yes I have been in Africa officially three weeks now and gone from the US for a month. WOW that is crazy. I am really starting to enjoy the people here a lot. For instance, yesterday we went on a field visit to a small town 30 minutes from where I am and we did some activities with the towns people and i really had a lot of fun working with them. One of the funnest things I found was that to start the meeting (actually this is how most meetings start) they started singing, clapping and dancing. Then I worked with a bunch of children on an acitivity and then when we the group came back togther they sang again, this time getting all of us to dance with them. It was really fun.
Benin Peace corps is having its fortieth anniversary this year and they are going to throw a big pârty for it when all of us swear in. To top that off we are getting special African outfits made for all of us to wear. And that is not even the kicker, the President of Benin, Yayi Boni is coming to the party and we all get to meet him. I am very excited about that. This week I am leaving wit hthree other health volunteers and going to stay with a current volunteer for 4 days. We are goign to go around and see what they do. Also Friday is independence day here in Benin so there will be a big Fete in the village I am going to. Well thats about all I know right now. A tout a lheure.

1 comment:

citeart said...

SALUT
Je suis un artiste plasticien tu peux visite mon mon bLOG.
Je suis de porto-novo.
http://expolignes.blogspot.com