Welcome

Hey everyone. This is my blog from Benin, Africa. I'll try to write as much about my experience as I can. Hope you all enjoy and feel free to write me as well.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Hey everyone. So it is Monday here in Africa and it has been amazing so far. I left Philadelphia where my preliminary event was on Thursday and we got to Cotonou Friday night around 10 p.m. So far I absolutely love it. I have made some great friends so far and meet so vary interesting people. The town of Cotonou is very busy and exciting. The people who live her are outside all the time. Today I learned how to ride on the motorcycle taxi's called Zemi-Jeans. That was very interesting because you can't hold onto or touch the drivers so you just kind of balance on the back of the motorcycle. Moto-taxi's are the way most people get around in Benin.
We are staying in a hostel/Monastery while we are here in Cotonou. The place is nice, we have electricity and running water so that is definitely a plus. It is still pretty hot at night so at first I didn't sleep all that well but I am getting used to it now. On Wednesday we move to the city of Porto Novo to begin our 9 weeks of training. While in Porto Novo we live with a host family. I am excited to meet them because is seems like most people really love their host families and stay in contact with them long after they have left. Well I have to run. Hopefully I'll be able to write again soon.
Bonsoir

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Nat,

I lost your digits;please, send me them again as well as your address. Love you,

Melanie