Welcome

Hey everyone. This is my blog from Benin, Africa. I'll try to write as much about my experience as I can. Hope you all enjoy and feel free to write me as well.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

AMOST DONE

So I have been here for seven weeksk now and i cant believe it. I never thought i would acuatlly make it. And I do really love it. So I found out the other day that there is a type of slavery here in Benin. What happens is families from small viallges send their children two families in big cities to do housework. This is horrible because first of all it is children, second they are not treated well at all, and third is that the little money they make is sent back to their families. What is even more appalling is how common it is here. Many of my friends are living with families who have domestiques, that is what they are called, and not one thinks anything bad about it.
Ok so enough of the tough stuff, I had a really fun weekend here. Yesterday we had a cooking session at the a current volunteers house and we made PIZZA. It was soooooo amazing. We ended up going dancing for a while after that at a bar down the street and that was a nice stress reliever. Today my family made Yam pilet [also known as Yam FuFu] it is a very long process involving yams; really long mallets, and stong arms to thrust the mallets in a large bowl that they poung the yams out it. It ends ups looking like a dough in the end and is super yummy. Lets see what else, I get to see my village next week so I will have a lot more to write about then. I hope you all enjoyed my pictures and feel free to comment on here if you want to know something or want me to write about something. A tout a lhuere

No comments: