Welcome

Hey everyone. This is my blog from Benin, Africa. I'll try to write as much about my experience as I can. Hope you all enjoy and feel free to write me as well.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Excitment and Anticipation

Well I have three weeks till I leave for Africa. It is getting down to the wire and I am still trying to get everything bought and packed for my trip. I am so excited though. It finally hit me a couple of days ago that I am actually going to Africa. It seemed so surreal for so long. Getting ready for Africa has definitly been interesting. There are so many things that you have to remeber to bring with you because you are going for two years. Its not just like packing for a week long vacation. It has been really helpful to talk to other volunteers about all this because without them I would probably be lost. Lately I have been thinking about the things I am going to miss and one thing is my legs. I love to wear shorts and I can' t really wear them over there because it is inapproraite. So bring on the long skirts, that will be interesting to ride my bike in. Oh ya if you didn't know they give me a bike when I get over to Benin and that is pretty much my mode of transportation while I am over there. Well I will write more in the upcoming weeks. Au Revoir:)

No comments: